Alpine Canada and the Canadian Ski Coaches' Federation (CSCF) are offering coaches professional-development opportunities at two Canadian Alpine Ski Team on-snow camps.
Group 1 - July 15-23, 2012 - Zermatt, Switzerland (Travel dates are July 15 and July 23)
Group 2 - July 22-30, 2012 - Zermatt, Switzerland (Travel dates are July 22 and July 30)
These are self-funded opportunities for Development Level (Level 2) or Performance Level (Level 3) coaches to work in a Canadian Alpine Ski Team high performance training camp environment in a European location. This interface opportunity will be managed on location by Keith Robinson.
Attendance at these camps will:
- satisfy all risk management and education credits for licensing for the 2012-13 season
- provide an opportunity to work with some of Canada's most experienced and knowledgeable coaches
- provide an opportunity to observe and work with national-team athletes
- provide an opportunity to observe and learn how planning and periodization principles apply at the high-performance level
- possible opportunity to observe other national teams in training
- July 15-23 - opportunity to observe both men's tech and speed teams
- July 22-30 - opportunity to observe men's speed team and women's team (tech or speed to be determined)
There will also be a self-funded opportunity for an Alpine Canada interface for provincial-team coaches and club high-performance coaches on August 7–11, 2012 in Calgary, Alta. This camp will be supervised by Canadian Alpine Ski Team staff members Matt Price and Matt Jordan and involves a Canadian Alpine Ski Team conditioning block and lab-fitness testing. Accommodation in Calgary is available at the Sheraton Four Points or the Sandman Inn right across from Canada Olympic Park in Calgary.
Conditions for attendance at all camps:
- coaches must be in attendance for the full duration of the camp
- coaches must be available for debriefing sessions at the end of each day
- there is no registration cost for the camps
- coaches must be a member in good standing with the CSCF
- these are self-funded opportunities - cost of travel, accommodations, meals and sundries are the responsibility of the participant
The Canadian Alpine Ski Team will help with the cost of lodging, if possible, at the on-snow camps in Zermatt only.
Coaches interested in opportunities to work in a Canadian Alpine Ski Team high-performance training environment should contact Keith Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jean Francois Rapatel (email@example.com) as soon as possible.